Start a new topic

Support for adding column requests?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

DBVisualizer supports me to add comments to tables, but not to columns. Having a grid view with all columns of a table and their comments would be nice (like the data edit view).

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Support for adding column requests?
Dieter, What database are you using? I'll add this as a feature enhancement request. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, I´m on Oracle. In the left-hand Tree one can already comment a table ('comment table'), but there's no 'comment columns'. Best regards Dieter
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I second this request, though I would like to see it for MySQL. Speaking of which, unless I am mistaken, it seems like DBVis/MySQL can only display comments right now? The ability to edit table and column comments in alter table would be awesome.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Evan, I've recorded your feature request. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Evan, you can add/edit table comments by the context menu when right-clicking on the tablename in the tree. You find "comment table" there. But yes - column comments are only displayed in DBVisualizer for now. Therefore my feature request. * Dieter