Start a new topic

installation specific extra profile to overrule default profile definitions

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, would it be possible to have a custom profile that is able to extend the functionality in the default profile in such a way that it overrides what is in the default profile and falls back to what is only in the default profile. This would make things lots easier to build custom profiles to support specific applications that are to specialized to add to the default profile. For this case I don't want to change the default profile because this has to be done again after updates of the default profile, which is a waste of time. It would be nice if the location can be freely chosen. best regards, Ronald - who won't even be surprised if this is already hidden in dbvis ...

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: installation specific extra profile to overrule default profile definitions
Hi Ronald, We have on the todo list to make it easier extending an existing profile with a custom configuration. I cannot say right now when this is going to happen. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Ok, thanks Roger, I will check back in about a week ;-) best regards, Ronald.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Ronald, The just released DbVisualizer 9.1 supports extending profiles. Please see the Users Guide for details: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG91/Extending+an+existing+Database+Profile Best Regards, Hans