Start a new topic

Find Text --- Origin: Entire Scope to be default

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Team Is it possible to have Entire Scope option selected by default when Find Text dialog is shown ? 98% of the time, i need to search the entire script .

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Find Text --- Origin: Entire Scope to be default
Hi Alex, Sorry, there is no way to change the Origin default. But just to be clear, Origin just defines where to start searching: from the cursor or from the beginning of the script. In both cases, the entire script is searched and you can use the Find Next keyboard shortcut to start over from the beginning when you hit the end of the script. Maybe that's what you meant? If you change the Origin setting the first time you open the dialog, it keeps that vale as the default for that editor. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi I guess you're right.... Its just after I open the script, work with it a bit and then, when I need to search for something, I sometimes forget that the cursor is not at the beginning of the file and i have to remember to select 'Entire Scope' option.. It would be nice if I was able to save my default preferences for the Find dialog though ;)
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Alex, I have registered this as a feature request. Best Regards, Hans