Start a new topic

Change Password on login

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello I'm forced to change the password at the first login, if the DBA gives me a new Oracle account. But in this case I can't login at all in DBVis and it is not possible to change the password over the sql editor. Therefore I need to change the password over oracle sqlplus, which is not very comfortable. Is there a way to change the initial passwort directly in DBVisualizer?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Change Password on login
Hi, It is currently not possible to set a new password in DbVisualizer when an account has expired in Oracle. We did a brief analyze of this a couple of months ago and it appears this type of feature is difficult (impossible?) to implement via JDBC. We'll continue looking for a solution. Regards Roger

Hi, It should be possible to set a new password for an Oracle connection via the OCI JDBC driver. Simply setup your connection and before connecting, open [b]Connection Properties[/b]. Select the [b]Driver Properties[/b] category in the tree and insert a new setting with the name [b]OCINewPassword[/b] and the value should be the new password. Press Apply. In the connection details enter the old password in the standard Password field and then connect. Please post the result if you're able to try this out. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger I inserted the Driver Proporites as described below. There is now difference at the login. If I try to login the following message is coming: An error occured while establishing the connection: Type: java.sql.SQLException Error Code: 28001 SQL State: 99999 Message: ORA-28001: the password has expired

Hi murethom, Are you sure you are using the OCI JDBC driver? This only works with the OCI JDBC driver, not with the thin JDBC driver, as I recall. Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans I'm using the thin client. Our DBA doesn't want to change to the OCI driver, because of a lot of disadvantages, compared to the thin client driver. Is there a similar solution by using the thin JDBC driver? Regards Thom

Thom, There is no equivalent capability to change the password via the thin driver setup. Note that this is handled by the Oracle (OCI) JDBC driver and not by DbVisualizer. Regards Roger

Hi Roger, Can you pls tell me if there is away to reset the password for Netezza details like the above step for Oracle.Thanks. Naveen

Hi Naveen, No, sorry. You need to use the native database tools to change passwords. Best Regards, Hans