Start a new topic

SQL Server Connections

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

I have version 6.07 and have successfully connected to various SQL servers that we have.

I have a couple of SQL servers that have the instance name in it so with SQL Enterprise Manager it sees the SQL Server as \\SERVERNAME\INSTANCENAME

When in the SQL Connection box where it asks me the server name IF I type in just the server name it does not connect but you need the instance name as well yet when I try it it does'nt work.

Any ideas? Do you understand what I mean?  I have attached a screenshot of the ODBC link in Windows to show the \\SERVER\INSTANCENAME

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: SQL Server Connections
Nick, In the Connection Properties for your SQL Server connection you find a Driver Properties category. In the list there is an "instanceName" property (for the MS JDBC driver) or "INSTANCE" proeprty for the jTDS driver. Try set the name there. More information and assistance may be found via Google: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jdbc+sql+server+instance+name&btnG=Google+Search Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

That works a treat.  Cheers.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Yesterday I posted connection problem in another thread, but then I found this one. I tried to set the connection property INSTANCE = XXX (where XXX is my instance name). With this I am able to connect perfectly. Thanks Nick. It is important to note that still the Ping server option is not working, it shows connection error. But I am able to connect to the database. Thanks again.