Start a new topic

Navigator connecting wrong data records

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I've just experienced a case where the navigator connects the wrong lines of a parent- and child-table. I've selected a row and the ID in the parent table and displayed the corresponding client table by following the FK definition. After this the data view shows a record, but the FK-id in that record does not match the master-row-id of the record I selected previously. A picture of the error-case: http://i31.tinypic.com/vr4jrb.jpg (parent-ID 3520 in graphic, 3390 in data-line) Hand-crafted SQL to show correct lines: http://i29.tinypic.com/vc.jpg The client-table DDL defines the FK as following: CREATE TABLE CDR_PACKAGE_COLLECTORS ( CBC_ID NUMBER(16) NOT NULL, ... CONSTRAINT FK_CPC_CBC FOREIGN KEY (CBC_ID) REFERENCES CDR_BASE_COLLECTORS (ID), ... The connected database in this case is (accd to connection message): Oracle Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options Oracle JDBC driver 10.2.0.1.0 I'm using Product: DbVisualizer Personal 7.1.1 Build: #1578 (2010/06/23 11:20) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_20 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Linux OS Arch: i386 OS Version: 2.6.32-trunk-686 So far this is the first time I've experienced an obvious mismatch of the navigator like this, but it's quite reliable reproducible on this parent-client tables.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Navigator connecting wrong data records
Hi, This is now fixed in the DbVisualizer 7.1.2 version. Regards Roger

Hi, Thanks for reporting this. It happens when the target table is sorted before navigating to a related table. It will be fixed in the next maintenance release. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Reproduced it again, will mail the results and further screenshots to you.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Ok, that's very strange now. I've enabled the debug window accd. to the FAQ and clicked around a bit to find out how the debug info gets generated. Wanted to only submit the most relevant data without much noise for your analysis. At this time the error still occoured. Then I reloaded both the graph and the data-display using the "Reload current view" icon and cleared the debug window. Then I activated the previously failing rows again and displayed the child table which left me with a highly surprised look at the correct data and rows out of a sudden. Since this moment I'm not able to reproduce the error anymore :( Is there something cached, which I somehow refreshed anywhere?

Hi, Can you please enable debugging before you display the child table and either post the output here or mail it to support@dbvis.com. http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/faq/#4.14 Best Regards, Hans