Start a new topic

internal error on CTRL+C in SQL Commander result grid

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I get the following error when I try to copy a value, export data, etc. in the result grid. An internal error occurred in: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: A/B/C/B, method: ā signature: (Ljava/io/OutputStream;Ljava/awt/Dimension;)Lorg/freehep/graphics2d/AbstractVectorGraphics;) Wrong return type in function The error may have affected the application state. Please notify vendor. Stack Trace: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: A/B/C/B, method: ā signature: (Ljava/io/OutputStream;Ljava/awt/Dimension;)Lorg/freehep/graphics2d/AbstractVectorGraphics;) Wrong return type in function at com.onseven.dbvis.k.H.<clinit>(Z:3442) at com.onseven.dbvis.g.l$19.execute(Z:3017) at se.pureit.swing.Q.F.actionPerformed(Z:1875) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source) at com.jidesoft.plaf.vsnet.VsnetMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source) at com.jidesoft.plaf.vsnet.VsnetMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.L.A.V.dispatchEvent(Z:2143) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) System Information: Product: DbVisualizer Personal 8.0.2 Build: #1700 (2011/08/08 00:35) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_13 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows Vista OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.0

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: internal error on CTRL+C in SQL Commander result grid
Hi David, Assuming you are on a 64-bit architecture, please try with the 64-bit installer for DbVisualizer and make sure that you have installed the 64-bit Java. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hans, Machine is 32-bit. Vista Enterprise, SP 2 This problem didn't occur until I installed 8.0.2. Get slightly different error if I close error dialog box and try copying again: Thanks, David ____________________________________________________________________ An internal error occurred in: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.onseven.dbvis.k.H The error may have affected the application state. Please notify vendor. Stack Trace: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.onseven.dbvis.k.H at com.onseven.dbvis.g.r.ā(Z:166) at com.onseven.dbvis.g.l$16.execute(Z:541) at se.pureit.swing.Q.F.actionPerformed(Z:1875) at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.notifyAction(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.L.A.V.dispatchEvent(Z:2143) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) System Information: Product: DbVisualizer Personal 8.0.2 Build: #1700 (2011/08/08 00:35) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_13 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows Vista OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.0 Edited by: David Bates on Aug 19, 2011 10:09 AM

Hi David, Please download 8.0.2 again and reinstall it. You also use a very old Java (1.6.0_13; latest is 1.6.0_26), so please upgrade Java as well. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am using 1.6.0_26 and i get the same error as well (i posted the issue in a separate post)

David, We can finally repeat the problem only when installing 8.0.2 in the same directory where an old version is already installed. These are the scenarios when this may happen: 1) The old version is installed with the ZIP installer. If I now install 8.0.2 from the ZIP installer it will automatically install into the DbVisualizer-8.0.2 directory. I then manually copy all files from DbVisualizer-8.0.2 into the old version directory. The copy/export error will now occur when running DbVisualizer. 2) The old version is installed with the ZIP installer. I then install 8.0.2 using the setup installer but direct the new version to be installed into the old version directory. The copy/export error will now occur in DbVisualizer. The real problem is the DBVIS-HOME\lib\graphml.jar file which is removed in 8.0.2. Since 8.0.2 is installed in the same directory as the old version, that jar file is still in place resulting in the error during copy/export. It would be really great to hear from you what steps you did while installing 8.0.2 and if the installation directory was completely empty or not? So to fix the actual problem, remove the DBVIS-HOME\lib\graphml.jar file. Regards Roger

Roger, My situation is scenario 2. I always install a new version over the old. When I first installed DbVis, I removed the version number from the directory name and have continued to do that. I use the setup installer and I don't empty the directory before installing the new version. I deleted the graphml.jar file and all is well; so apparently, although the installer says it is removing the old version, it doesn't remove everything? Thanks for your help. DbVis is a great product. Keep up the good work! David Edited by: David Bates on Aug 22, 2011 9:30 AM Edited by: David Bates on Aug 22, 2011 9:41 AM Edited by: David Bates on Aug 22, 2011 9:44 AM

David, The previous installation is only removed if you are using the setup installer from the very first installation. It doesn't work if the first installation is made with the zip installer or if using zip installers only. Regards Roger

David, This is now fixed in the 8.0.3 version. Regards Roger