Start a new topic

grant tab on views not availiable in peronal edition

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello! While using DbVisualizer 8.0.11 with licence key there is NO Grants information available to views! When I'm using the free version (only by invalidating the licence key file) a nice Grants tab appears... Would somebody please explain the circumstances of this behaivior to me? And if there is one, would you please show me the solution to use this function also in personal edition?! Best regards Wolfgang

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: grant tab on views not availiable in peronal edition
Wolfgang, What database are you using and what is the setting of Database Type in the Connection details tab? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello Roger, the database I want to work with is DB2 LUW Version 9.5. Database type is set to "DB2 LUW". Regards Wolfgang
[Attachment has been removed.]

Wolfgang, Thanks! Attached is a patch. Save it as: DBVIS-HOME\resources\profiles\db2.xml Re-start DbVisualizer and the Grants tab will be displayed for Views. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello Roger, thanks for your answer - It works! Having regard to the time you did the answer I hope for you that you will read my thanks later this day. Regards Wolfgang

Perfect! The fix will be included in the next version. Regards Roger

Hi Wolfgang, Just wanted to let you know that this is now fixed in the just released DbVisualizer 8.0.12. Best Regards, Hans