Start a new topic

Focus jumps from Floating window into Main window

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am not sure what is going on here, but here is what i am observing... i have a floating window open with a few SQL tabs in it.. as I type in one of them and pause, in a few seconds the focus shifts into the currently open sql tab in a Main window... any thoughts? thanks!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Focus jumps from Floating window into Main window
did you have a chance to take a look? thanks
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Alex, We will look into this after Christmas. Regards ROger

Alex, The issue will be fixed in the next maintenance version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello. When do you anticipate the next maintenance version to be available? Thanks..

Alex, We are waiting for a fix from a 3:rd party vendor. As soon as we have verified it a new version will be published. I cannot say right now when it will happen. Regards Roger

I have a similar problem. When I maximize a tab in sql commander (double click the tab). Then dbvis randomly steals focus from other windows. E.g. i switch to chrome, and 2seconds later suddenly dbvis pops into focus for some reason. Hope this is also fixed by the patch. Regars, Ivan Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.2 Build: #1912 (2012/12/18 10:21) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_11 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

Ivan, I agree that this is a very inconvenient bug. We got a fix this weekend but unfortunately it doesn't fix the problem :-( We'll continue working with the vendor getting it fixed. Regards Roger

Sorry to say, but it seems to me that you have not picked a very good vendor. The new editor has been causing problems since it was first implemented. It still doesn't feel like a native editor, at least on windows. Regards, Ivan

Hi Roger Any ETA on the fix? This focus/flicker behavior is way too distracting... Can you please put some more pressure on your vendor... Thanks :8}

Alex, I fully agree that this is really annoying and we are working hard to get it fixed. Trust me. Last night we finally got a fix that seem to solve it. Currently we are conducting various tests while waiting for a formal release. I hope to get an answer later today when we can expect it. As soon as we get our hands on it, 9.0.3 will be made available. Sorry for the trouble... Regards Roger

Alex, This is now fixed in the latest 9.0.3 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger

Hi.. Thinks something got broken in this area with 9.1.9.. When browsing the db tables schema, selecting a table and double clicking or pressing F2, the app shows the table properties window, but immediately hides it behind the main window. However, when you select a table, right mouse click and select 'Open in Floating Tab', the focus is there . Pls check thanks. Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.1.9 Build: #2151 (2014/06/11 19:58) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_21 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.1

Hi Alex, Seems to be some problem specifically with Windows and floating windows opened with key bindings. This will be fixed in the next maintenance version. Regards Roger

Alex, This is now fixed in the 9.1.10 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger