Start a new topic

Focus jumps from Floating window into Main window

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am not sure what is going on here, but here is what i am observing... i have a floating window open with a few SQL tabs in it.. as I type in one of them and pause, in a few seconds the focus shifts into the currently open sql tab in a Main window... any thoughts? thanks!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Focus jumps from Floating window into Main window
Not sure whats happening... But after F2, the window does stay in the foreground, but when i click on the filer box, the cursor starts to blink in the main editor window... Only after i click inside the main editor window and back to the floating window, then i am able to use the filter box of the floating window.. This behavior is not observed when i right mouse click and choose Open in Floating Tab....
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Ales, We will take a look at this. Regards Roger

Hi Alex, What Java version are you using? I am able to reproduce the issue with Java 7 but not with Java 6 or Java 8. It seems to be a bug in Java 7 only. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.1.10 Build: #2295 (2014-08-08 18:38:31) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_55 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.1

Hi. Will you be able to issue a fix for this java version?Thanks.

Hi Alex, I doubt we will manage to fix this in 9.1.x. Chances are however good it will be fixed in 9.2 planned during the next months. Regards Roger

Just FYI --- the issue is reintroduced with 9.1.11 -- the popup hides behind the main window

Alex, "reintroduced"? It has not been fixed yet. Please clarify. Regards Roger

Roger You fixed it at some point, with some minor 'aftereffects' -- read post from Aug 21, 2014 11:59 AM Now, the popup hides behind the main window right away

Alex, We're starting the beta program for the upcoming feature version next week. As far as I can see the window is now (in the next version) displayed in front of the main window with Java 7. It would be great if you can give it a spin next week. Regards Roger

Alex, Have you had a chance trying the 9.2 beta version to verify if the problem is solved? http://www.dbvis.com/download/beta/ Regards Roger

Hi Roger -- just did --- works great! thank you

Super. Thanks! Roger