Start a new topic

Memory leak in v9.0.2 (OSX)

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

+Continued from+ http://www.dbvis.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=4216 The memory warning dialog appeared today, with slightly different behavior: First, the two open tabs with the most use and rows actually showed a believable amount of memory consumed, 12-13 MB in both cases. When the dialog was shown, the memory meter was around 450M of 505M. I closed the two tabs consuming the most memory through the memory warning dialog, and the memory meter was reduced by about 44MB, and clicked the GC icon, but within a few seconds the memory warning dialog was presented again. I dismissed it, and closed the remaining tabs, but with no tabs open, and the GC run again, the memory warning dialog continued to be displayed, and a restart of DbVis was required. Interestingly, at no point on dismissing the warning dialog was I presented with an "Are you sure?" dialog, which made the orderly shutdown process easier. Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.2 Build: #1912 (2012/12/18 10:21) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_37 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.8.2 Edited by: MattK on Dec 21, 2012 3:54 PM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Memory leak in v9.0.2 (OSX)
Hi Matt, Thanks for the report. It sounds as the Memory Monitor works as it should. The reason you didn't get the "Are you sure?" dialog was because closing tabs now cleared enough memory to continue. The fact that the Memory Monitor was displayed again soon thereafter is probably because of the memory leak in other parts that we are still looking for. I assume that the dialog was shown when you executed a new SELECT, right? Best Regards, Hans