Start a new topic

Reference Graph Settings

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am printing out our database schema, laminating, and hanging on the wall for the development team to reference. But I am having trouble figuring out how to do 2 things: 1) How do I make the reference graph put the tables in Alphabetical order instead of size order? 2) How do I tell the reference graph to put X number of tables in a row? I have a database with 420 tables, and it is putting 16 tables in a row which makes printing a readable copy difficult. Thanks. Justin

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Reference Graph Settings
Justin, > 1) How do I make the reference graph put the tables in Alphabetical order instead of size order? The order of tables are determined by the selected layout mode and it is unfortunately not possible to override this to have the tables in another order. > 2) How do I tell the reference graph to put X number of tables in a row? I have a database with 420 tables, and it is putting 16 tables in a row which makes printing a readable copy difficult. It is the layout controlling this as well. There are a few printing options to control number of sheets that you may look into. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger. That is unfortunate. :-( One final question: Is there a place to look at SQL history for queries using the tools and not the SQL Commander? For example, if I retrieve the data of a table, do a CTRL-I to insert a new record, and type in the data into the table, if I click the save button, can I see the SQL that was run?
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Justin, To preview the SQLs being run when editing Table Data, right-click in the grid and select Edit Table Data->SQL Preview. It is not possible to browse other internal SQL statements being send other than enabling debug of DbVisualizer in Tools->Debug Window. That will not only echo the SQLs but also a lot other information. Regards Roger