Start a new topic

user-specific explan-plan problem (DBvis 8.0.12)

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Using DBVis 8.0.12 on Win7 x64 with DB2 v9.7 remote on Linux x64. Getting "Explain plan processed" message with no explain output and no errors for a specific user, but only with DBVis. The debug window of dbvis shows no errors either for dbvis or jdbc. DBVis is configured to use SYSTOOLS as the schema for the explain tables, and the tables exist in the database. With the same login credentials on same machine,I can use explain-plan from IBM-data-studio on same database, and also db2expln on the command line, so some tools work with explain-plan with these credentials. So this suggests that there might be a problem on the workstation side, not at the server. Also, if I use different credentials in DBVis connecting to same database, the explain-plan works fine. So there's some user-specific problem, but since I cannot see any errors in the DBvis debug window (or jdbc trace), I'm a bit stuck. Any suggestions for troubleshooting this?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: user-specific explan-plan problem (DBvis 8.0.12)
Mike, Can you please enable Debug DbVisualizer in Tools->Debug Window and re-run the explain? What is your default schema and have you specified an alternative currentSchema in the login details? Post or email the debug output. Regards Roger support@dbvis.com Edited by: Roger Bjarevall on 2013-mar-25 22:01
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: user-specific explan-plan problem (DBvis 8.0.12)
sent email to support , as requested.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: user-specific explan-plan problem (DBvis 8.0.12) RESOLVED
Thanks to Roger at dbvis support - Resolved by dropping the explain tables that were in the schema of the authid, forcing db2 to use the SYSTOOLS schema explain tables instead to store the access plans. This allowed dbvis to correctly display the access plan. I consider this issue resolved.