Start a new topic

CPU at 25%+ consistently

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, Recently I have noticed my DBVis v9.0.2 (Windows 7 64-bit - Intel i7 CPU) process consuming 25% of CPU all the time. I searched through the forums and found this : http://www.dbvis.com/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=7142. Looks like the same issue but from a long time ago on a much older version. When I go to Windows task manager I see this : *Image Name PID User Name CPU memory (Private) Description* *dbvis xxxx xxxxxxxxxx 25 257,512K DbVisualizer - The Universal Database Tool* It goes up & down 25% - 30% - 33%, etc but does not drop. I have no monitors running and have one open connection. Does anyone else have this issue ? Thanks, Steve.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: CPU at 25%+ consistently
I've also tried with Oracle Java 1.7.0_51. Same high multi-CPU usage.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Are there any other steps I can take to help investigate this? Thanks, Frank
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Frank, Sorry for the delay. If you start DbVisualizer with the dbvisgui.sh script, is the CPU still high? What you can try then is to launch jvmtop with the pid for the DbVisualizer Java process as argument. jvmtop.sh --profile It will then show what the threads are doing in the JVM and the CPU. It may give some additional details. Regards Roger

After upgrading TO 9.1.8, the CPU usage issue has disappeared for me. If some activity of mine re-triggers the behavior, I'll re-post.