Start a new topic

Auto Completion ... is not always completing..

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi ... Having weird issues with Auto Completion feature... Sometimes it works, and most of the time it doesnt.. Consider this: *select g.sales_channel_cd* *from gtr_sales_channel g* First I typed select and the from parts, then gave alias to the table, then went back to my select part and typed g. followed by Ctrl+Space.. Auto complete popped up. Great! . Now i needed to continue and do some concatenation : *select g.sales_channel_cd || ' ' || {color:#3366ff}g.sales_channel_touch* *{color}from gtr_sales_channel g* The Auto Completion did not work the second time I typed g. followed by Ctrl+Space to add sales_channel_touch field... Version: DbVisualizer Pro 9.1 [Build #2050] OS: Windows XP OS Version: 5.1 OS Arch: x86 Java Version: 1.6.0_43 Java VM Name: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java VM Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. Look and Feel: SyntheticaStandardLookAndFeel

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Auto Completion ... is not always completing..
Just fyi -- it is still not functioning properly in many scenarios......
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Alex, Please share the details. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Connected to a Sybase db.. select * from and hit Ctrl+Space Nothing comes up, debug output below 08:42:45 [DEBUG ExecutorRunner-pool-2-thread-134 N.?] DbConnection='SYBAMR_FDA_PRD_DS01 PROD (PRIMARY fda_etma_prd)' Catalog='FDA_PRD_NY' Schema='fda_etma_prd' Table='null' Type(s)='null' 08:42:45 [DEBUG pool-3-thread-234 E.?] RootConnection: SybDatabaseMetaData.getTables("FDA_PRD_NY", "fda_etma_prd", "%", null) Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.1.2 Build: #2070 (2013/10/27 14:32) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_51 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.1

Could it be the Schema is not dbo? Should the list of tables come from dbo schema?..

Alex, This is now fixed in the 9.1.3 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger

Roger I do not think so.. Unless i manually change schema to dbo, the problem still persists... ... Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.1.3 Build: #2091 (2013/11/22 16:43) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_51 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.1

Alex, One of your issues reported in this thread is fixed by 9.1.3. I suggest you split new posts into separate threads to better track what is what. Regards Roger

Looks like the same issue to me -- autocomplete is not functioning properly. Just different scenarios to reproduce the same issue :) :p Edited by: AlexML on Nov 22, 2013 3:04 PM

Hi Alex, Please give a detailed example of what does not work, and please do that in a new thread so we can better track the issues. Best Regards, Hans