Start a new topic

Error expanding views in Data Object Tree

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I connect fine, can view tables in the Data Object Tree. But when trying to expand the Views, I get this error: DBVIS [SQL 0301] Input host variable *N or argument 2 not valid. I've tried google and searching this site but can't find anything. Any help appreciated, what the cause is, where to look, etc. Quick update, trying to double click the "view" icon in the Object tree I get the following error: An internal error occurred in: com.onseven.dbvis.sql.M: java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0301] Input host variable *N or argument 2 not valid. The error may have affected the application state. Please to vendor. Long Message: [SQL0301] Input host variable *N or argument 2 not valid. Details:    Type: com.onseven.dbvis.sql.M Stack Trace: com.onseven.dbvis.sql.M: java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0301] Input host variable *N or argument 2 not valid.    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.AbstractFacade.getTables(Z:456)    at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.N.ā(Z:792)    at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.N.execute(Z:315)    at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.Y.ā(Z:1386)    at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.Y.run(Z:337)    at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.B.ঐ(Z:3320)    at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.B.execute(Z:1626)    at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.Y.ā(Z:1386)    at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.K.Ă(Z:1374)    at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.K.doInBackground(Z:1521)    at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)    at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0301] Input host variable *N or argument 2 not valid.    at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:703)    at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDatabaseMetaData.getTables(AS400JDBCDatabaseMetaData.java:4758)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)    at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.E.ā(Z:3526)    at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.F$A.call(Z:1474)    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)    ... 3 more System Information: Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.1.9 Build: #2154 (2014/06/16 16:42) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_51 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows Server 2008 R2 OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.1 Edited by: Ric Roades on Jul 28, 2014 7:47 PM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Error expanding views in Data Object Tree
Haven't had time yet to try the older version. Hate it when work gets in the way! On the ODBC/JDBC bridge for the local source, unfortunately, their instructions say to make an ODBC DSN, with the driver being their driver. I'm not sure how else to do that.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Ric, > {quote:title=Ric Roades wrote:}{quote} > Haven't had time yet to try the older version. Hate it when work gets in the way! > > On the ODBC/JDBC bridge for the local source, unfortunately, their instructions say to make an ODBC DSN, with the driver being their driver. > > I'm not sure how else to do that. Are you meaning DB2 AS/400 or some other database? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Oh - sorry. The local DSN is on a Windows 2008 R2 server. The database is a proprietary source by Informatica. They supply a driver which we use to create the ODBC DSN. We connect to AS/400, Oracle, SQL Server with DBV across the network.

Ric, Thanks for the details. We need to stick to DB2 only in this thread as we have no experience with Informatica nor support it. Well DbVisualizer doesn't officially support DB2 on iSeries either but since a lot of users are using it we do our best to assist. Due to the mix of multiple databases in this thread you need to update me on the current situation with DB2 AS/400 and DbVisualizer. Regards Roger

I realize this is now an old thread, but being on a client server and project demands, I've just now been able to install an older version - 9.0.9. It's release date was 8/2013, which I know we were working at that time. All this has been on a DEV server - I also tried v8.0.n on a Prod server, same issue. At this point, I think it must be environment. I'll review earlier suggestions for environment variables discussed. Thanks... Edited by: Ric Roades on Sep 16, 2014 5:00 PM

Hi Ric, I am sorry to hear you still have problems. Unfortunately we are out of ideas what may be wrong based on our previous correspondence. I really hope you manage to find a solution for the problem. Regards Roger