Start a new topic

Problems in using Grid

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi I have encountered with two problems in using grid tag in extending profiles. To explain and simplify the problems I wrote a sample attached as "grid-test-Action.txt" file and two word document containing screen-shots also attached . The first problem is that I can not use the value of grid in tag alone because it causes the following exception , but if I prefix the grid output value with a constant string for example "AAAAAA" I do not get the exception : The Exception is as follows : An internal error occurred in: java.lang.NullPointerException The error may have affected the application state. Please to vendor. Details: Type: java.lang.NullPointerException Stack Trace: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.onseven.dbvis.m.G.G.ă(Z:2695) at com.onseven.dbvis.m.G.A.Ċ(Z:3291) at com.onseven.dbvis.m.G.A.ā(Z:912) at com.onseven.dbvis.m.G.A.Ĝ(Z:3005) at com.onseven.dbvis.m.G.F$A.ā(Z:480) at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.A.I.executionFinished(Z:2171) at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.K.ā(Z:1475) at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.K.ā(Z:1521) at com.onseven.dbvis.J.B.K$3.run(Z:3032) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.N.A.a.dispatchEvent(Z:2787) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) DBVisuaizer is at 9.1.10 level and java at 1.7.0_60 level ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The second problem is that when I use tag and define some variables that are included in output then in running first add a row to grid and try to change some fields , everything is OK , but when I try to add the second row the changed values of the first row reset to their default values in SQL Preview but in the grid pane they seem correct , also it is worth mentioning that when I use the "MOVE THE SELECTED ROW ONE POSITION UP" arrow , the SQL Preview shows the correct values again . The screen-shots are attached also . Any help would be appreciated.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Problems in using Grid
Hi, The first problem will be fixed in the next maintenance version. Thanks for sharing it. The second problem is fixed by changing the variable identifiers from: to: #name2 instead of "${name2}" and the same for #name3. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Thanks for your good support. TIA
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, Just wanted to let you know this is now fixed in the just released 9.1.11 version. Regards Roger