Start a new topic

Task scheduler: dbviscmd fails after DbVis 9.2.2 or 9.2.3 installed

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I execute the following command every morning in Task Scheduler: dbviscmd -connection DBP1 -sqlfile PrdCnt.sql -output log -outputfile prdcnt.log -debug -debugfile prdcntdbg.txt Or at least I did until I installed DbVis 9.2.2. At that point, the command did not execute correctly, though Task Scheduler reported that all steps ran without error. The command works correctly if executed in a DOS window and from Task Scheduler if I reinstall DbVis 9.2.1. The attached files are created in properly execute run. However, with task Scheduler and DbVis 9.2.2/9.2.3, only the first three lines appear in the debug file and the log file is not created at all. A mystery for sure... David Edited by: Hans Bergsten on Mar 16, 2015 4:55 PM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Task scheduler: dbviscmd fails after DbVis 9.2.2 or 9.2.3 installed
Hi David, There were some nasty bugs in 9.2.2 and 9.2.4 related to the command line tool and how custom drivers were loaded. Both are fixed in 9.2.4 so I suggest you upgrade and see if that fixes the problem. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hans, I installed 9.4.4. I have attached debug files for both DOS and Task Scheduler runs. The debug text now gives a more descriptive error for the TS run, but since it still runs properly in DOS batch, I don't understand why(or which) driver needs to be configured. Thanks. David Edited by: Hans Bergsten on Mar 16, 2015 4:55 PM

Hi David, Thanks for the logs. It appears as if the Task Scheduler can't read the DB2 driver JAR file. Please open the tools->Driver Manager and select the DB driver. Then look at the file path for the db2jcc4.jar file in the User Specified tab. Make sure that the Task Manager has permissions to read that file. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hans, your response put me on the right track. It was the DB2 license jar file on a network path causing the problem. I copied it from the network folder to a local folder and used tool manager to point to the new path. Task Scheduler executes it perfectly now. Thanks!

Hi David, Great, thanks for letting us know. Best Regards, Hans