Start a new topic

Invalid commit/rollback prompt

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.2.8 [Build #2468] OS: Windows 7 OS Version: 6.1 OS Arch: amd64 Java Version: 1.8.0_51 Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation Steps to reproduce: 1. Connect to database with autocommit option turned off 2. Open new tab and execute any query from it 3. Click "rollback" button on that tab 4. Select "disconnect" from connection context menu in connections list to the left 5. "Process uncommitted update(s)" prompt appears though there are no uncommitted changes, we just rolled back everything Also if you close the tab (it closes without commit/rollback prompt) after step 3 then step 4 works fine and no prompt appears.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Invalid commit/rollback prompt
Roger, It works great, thank you!
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Ruslan, Just to let you know DbVisualizer 9.2.10 has just been released with the consistency fix applied. Release notes: http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/?version=9.2.10 Easiest is that you open Help->Check for Update in DbVisualizer to perform the upgrade. An alternative is that you download from our web site: http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger

Ruslan, It is an internal ticketing system. You'll be notified through this forum whenever it is fixed. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, It looks rather odd to me that we cannot track the state of our own transactions. Nevertheless, the consistent dialog works for me too (I don't want to use any default behavior for things like that). Thanks for your help. Is the ticket you've mentioned an internal one or there is a way to track it?

Ruslan, The dialog is displayed to guarantee unhandled transactions are taken care of when disconnecting. Its appearance may in some situations look odd based on that no changes has been made but there is no way to 100% technically guarantee there are no unhandled transactions. I have open a new ticket regarding no dialog for commit/rollback is displayed when closing a SQL Commander tab. The behavior should be consistent independent where the disconnect is initiated in DbVisualizer. In Tools->Tool Properties and in the General / Transaction category you can change the default action for the commit/rollback dialog to instead always be Commit or Rollback at disconnect. It is by default set to Ask. Regards Roger

Roger, PostgreSQL 9.4.1 PostgreSQL Native Driver PostgreSQL 9.3 JDBC4 (build 1102)

Ruslan, What database are you accessing? Regards Roger