Start a new topic

Help automating script

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm very new to this product, two days in, and have a noob question for the community. I wrote a very basic script that works when ran manually. @run C:\Users\bwid\.dbvis\Bookmarks\INSERTINTO_Hisco_Marketyze_Data.sql I want to schedule this to run daily. I reviewed the manual and a few threads but didnt walk away with a clear understanding of how I would go about it. Can someone clarify for me please? The DB connection I have is S:\Pricing\Weekly Price Review\Marketyze_Data.accb DB Viz is installed to C:\Program Files (x86) The script is saved in C:\users\me\.dbvis\Bookmarks My plan was to create a .bat file that would open dbvis and run that script. I tested that out and it did not work for me. See below for what I had in my .BAT file. - connection "Marketyze Weekly Review" - sqlfile "Import_Marketyze_Data.sql"

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Help automating script
Hi Brian, I suggest that you take a look at the Users Guide page for the pure command line interface: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG92/Command+Line+Interface Based on what you say, something like this should work: dbviscmd -connection "Marketyze Weekly Review" -sqlfile "C:\Users\bwid\.dbvis\Bookmarks\INSERTINTO_Hisco_Marketyze_Data.sql" assuming "Marketyze Weekly Review" is the name of a connection that you have created using the GUI and that both username and password is saved between sessions. If you do not save username/password between sessions, you can use command line parameters to specify them. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Below is exactly what i have entered into the dbviscmd.bat file. When I ran the .bat the cmd window came up and was going through an endless loop without running the script. I've attached a word doc with a screen shot for review. What am I missing? When I run the script manually it does exactly what I want it to. dbviscmd -connection "Marketyze Weekly Review" -sqlfile "C:\Users\bwiddoes\.dbvis\Bookmarks\Import_Marketyze_Data.sql"
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Maybe I misunderstand, but are you saying that you have edited the dbviscmd.bat file to contain: dbviscmd -connection "Marketyze Weekly Review" -sqlfile "C:\Users\bwiddoes\.dbvis\Bookmarks\Import_Marketyze_Data.sql" If so, it will just loop. You should not update the dbviscmd.bat file, you should just execute it, possibly from another BAT file or via a Scheduler service. If you have updated the dbviscmd.bat file, please reinstall DbVisualizer to get the original version of the file back. Best Regards, Hans