Start a new topic

Same query (or script) on multiple DB connections

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, is it possible to use the query (or script) for a group of selected connections? e.g. I want to know the number of rows in one DB table on several servers. I could find a clear answer. Thanks.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Same query (or script) on multiple DB connections
Vinkel, It is not possible to run a script that access or queries multiple database connections in DbVisualizer. One potential solution is that you use database links on the server-side (if links are supported). Check the documentation for your DB software for more info. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

> {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} > It is not possible to run a script that access or queries multiple database connections in DbVisualizer. Vinkel: are you trying to run the query against multiple servers simultaneously, or do you just want to re-run the query separately for each server? When I first read the question I didn't interpret it the same way that Roger did. If it's the latter you can switch between open connections using the "Database Connection" dropdown at the top of the SQL Commander window.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, what I want to do is to send the same query to a selected group of servers. Let's say I want to know if a record exist in one particular DB table on the first 10 servers in my 'Production1' connection group. This software is great, I have purchased 3 licences, but I'm still looking for something where I would be able to query a group of servers and process the output from them. Thank you.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, It is not possible to switch connection in a script when running the DbVisualizer GUI. The best solution I can come up with is that you use the dbviscmd command line interface. By wrapping it in a command script you can invoke it for each of your connections to run the query. Read more in: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG92/Command+Line+Interface Regards Roger