Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 5.1.1.3 is now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, DbVisualizer 5.1.1.3 is now available for download in the early access section. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap [i]This version incorporates many internal changes that doesn't necessarily show in the user interface. We've made a lot of testing but still there may be defects that we're not aware of. Let us know if you find any![/i] (The users guide does not yet reflect the features in this early access version). Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.3 is now available
Hi Ronald, > what is the intention of the leaves under packages in > the schema tree ? Now the child only contains the > package name. It looks like it's meant to contain the > entries in the package == very very welcome. It is the body for the package. Displaying the names of the procedure and function names as childs are on the list. > The synonyms shows the object where the synonym > points to. OK. The action button has drop and rename > synonym. The DDL pane shows the create referred > object statements and not the create synonym text > that was expected. Yes, this is not very intuitive. It may appear as an easy fix but it isn't currently. I will look into it in more detail. > In sessions, a sort order in the tree would be nice > (sessionid or username) The current sort order is: order by status, si.consistent_gets + si.block_gets desc > I did not test this yet but does this version now > have the possibility to display the contents of a > tree objects in a viewer similar to the viewer fo the > sql commander ? (can I easily make a graph of runtime > behaviour of dbms_scheduler jobs ?) No this is not possible in this version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.3 is now available - ? -> :n
Hi Roger,what happens with a '?' in a piece of plsql code in oracle ?I see it's replaced by ':1' the first time and ':2' the second time. In my case it was in a comment (after '--' )regards,Ronald. (was editing in the procedure editor) Message was edited by: Ronald Rood

Hi Ronald, Did you execute the PL/SQL code as an anonymous SQL block in DbVisualizer (by enclosing it between "--/" and "/") or via SQL->Execute Buffer? If you did then please either post a sample block that is reproducible or email it to support@minq.se. If you did not then try it. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

--/
create or replace procedure x
is -- what happens to the questy mark ?
    x number;
begin 
  SELECT count(*) into x from dual;
end;
/

next look it up in the schema tree and compile the text as above and look what happens to the '?'

regards,
Ronald.

Hi Ronald, You're right that this is a bug. We've identified it and a fix will be included in the next version. Thanks! Regards Roger

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.3 is now available - monitor
Roger,I am trying to make use of the monitor. I see no evaluation for $$DBVis-time$$ and the data does not seem to be loaded in the grid. In the graph I only get the last point, no line.Did something change here that I missed, do I have a problem, or dbvis ?

In 5.1.1.1 it works ok, in 5.1.1.3 not.

thanks,Ronald.

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.3 is now available - monitor
Ronald, Will take a look into this. Thanks for reporting it. Regards Roger

Peter, Did the workaround for the problem with auto generated quotes in Informix help? Regards Roger

Sorry for answering late... i was a bit busy the last weeks ;-) These two options (scripting and auto complete) where already disabled. When enabling scripting (just to see what happens...) even clicking on the "Data" tab raises this error. Only workaround so far: clearing both start delimiter and end delimiter fields in Connection Properties, Delimited Identifiers. Bye, Peter

I have just seen, that i forgot to post the error message that is shown... It says: An internal error occured: Exception: java.sql.SQLException java.sql.SQLException: Character to numeric conversion error The error may have affected the application state. Please notify vendor. Bye, Peter

Peter, Ok, in the next version the Where Filter feature will check the setting of Quoted Identifiers->Scripting. Currently it doesn't resulting in the error. The workaround that you've found by clearing the quotes are correct at the moment. Regards Roger