Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 5.1.1.5 is now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, DbVisualizer 5.1.1.5 is now available for download in the early access section: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap In addition to the change log for this EA has the following features been fixed. (They were poorly integrated in the previous EA version): - Table data editing with the inline and form editors - Creation of monitors in the Data tab - "Browse row in form" didn't work Best Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.5 is now available
Georg, Thanks for your observations. You mention that you need to close the dialog after pressing "Use Filter"? Pressing "Use Filter" should apply the filter and close the dialog in one step. We will consider a change/enhancement of the filtering feature in general to satisfy users that like the old style. Related to this: would a solution with a text field that supports auto completion of column names be an option i.e. the text area showing the complete filter in the previous version? The idea is to offer a text area that is used to browse and optionally edit the filter. This can be used by advanced users to do quick edits of the filter but still keep the UI less cluttered from buttons and fields. Regards Roger

Georg, Sorry I missed to answer your query about error location in Oracle statements. > I know this is OT with respect to this thread, but > are there any plans to make the editor tell the user > where the errors occurred in an SQL statement (I > thought it might not be possible because of > limitations in the (Oracle in my case) JDBC > implementation, but I had a look at Oracle's SQL > Developer and it does this even when using the type 4 > driver) ? Nobody would be shocked about this :-) We haven't reviewed the latest versions from Oracle lately so I cannot comment whether this has been improved. I am not surprised the Oracle tools have this and have had for a while, after all they know about all their inner secrets :-) Seriously, if their tools are using the standard type 4 driver then it is a bit surprising as there are no public API that can be used to get information such as error location, etc. We'll look into this again. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I found that sql commander now only locks the current connection when there is a long running sql active. That is good.With a few connections open and in one running a very longrunning qry I accidentally selected such an active connection in sql commander which caused dbvis to lock the gui completely. Can that be changed ? Maybe that - locked - connection can be made unselectable in the gui ?

thanks,Ronald.

Ronald, The way the SQL Commander works now is actually a bug :-) The absence of the Stop button resulted in that several SQL editors can be launched concurrently. Since multi executions is not properly supported there may be situations when errors occur. The ability to run several SQL scripts at the same time is the last major enhancement for the next official version so expect to see this supported soon. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I could be wrong but did we have an image export option before 5.1.1.5 ? Now I miss it ... R.

Hi Ronald, You need to double click the red puzzle icon in the grid to open the cell editor. Another way is to double click the thumbnail icon in the form editor to open the cell editor. Then in the cell editor you can export and print the image. Regards Roger