Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 5.1.1.6 is now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, DbVisualizer 5.1.1.6 is now available in the early access section: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap Best Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.6 is now available
Oh, and the currentSchema setting on the driver properties is exactly what I'm looking for (so it seems at first glance). I connect and my default schema is set correctly. So the moral of the story is "know your driver". Thanks, Mark
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When in SGA -> poorly performing sql's a sort has been done, the wrong sql appears in the SQL screen.

the action refresh materialized view is not working. When I copy the generated pl/sql to the commander it works right away (after adding the plsql begin/end characters)

regards,
R.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Ronald, This is a bug that will be fixed. Thanks! Regards Roger

Ronald, What problem do you get? The following is executed by the action: [nobr] [pre] begin DBMS_MVIEW.REFRESH('schema.matView'); end; [/pre] [/nobr] The begin/end is there already plus that it executes successfully. Regards Roger

I got 'item should be declared'. This surprized me since the generated sql looked good to me and worked when I copied it to the sql commander and enclosed it between '--/' and '/'. I can try to reproduce in debug mode I guess. An error occured while performing the operation: ORA-06550: line 1, column 26: PLS-00201: identifier 'SH.CAL_MONTH_SALES_MV' must be declared ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored generated sql was: An error occured while performing the operation: ORA-06550: line 1, column 26: PLS-00201: identifier 'SH.CAL_MONTH_SALES_MV' must be declared ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored In debug window: 21:09:41 [DEBUG AWT-EventQueue-1 N.?] evaluate expression: #method.equals('') ? '' : ',\'' + #method + '\'' Error: target is null for method equals 21:09:41 [DEBUG AWT-EventQueue-1 N.?] evaluate expression: #method.equals('') ? '' : ',\'' + #method + '\'' Error: target is null for method equals 21:09:45 [DEBUG AWT-EventQueue-1 N.?] evaluate expression: #method.equals('') ? '' : ',\'' + #method + '\'' Error: target is null for method equals 21:09:45 [DEBUG AWT-EventQueue-1 N.?] evaluate expression: #method.equals('') ? '' : ',\'' + #method + '\'' Error: target is null for method equals 21:09:50 [DEBUG AWT-EventQueue-1 N.?] evaluate expression: #method.equals('') ? '' : ',\'' + #method + '\'' Error: target is null for method equals 21:09:50 [DEBUG AWT-EventQueue-1 N.?] evaluate expression: #method.equals('') ? '' : ',\'' + #method + '\'' Error: target is null for method equals 21:09:50 [DEBUG Thread-29 N.?] evaluate expression: #method.equals('') ? '' : ',\'' + #method + '\'' Error: target is null for method equals 21:09:50 [DEBUG Thread-29 B.execute] CommandId: oracle-materializedview-refresh sql: begin DBMS_MVIEW.REFRESH('${schema}.${objectname}'${_method}); end; 21:09:50 [DEBUG Thread-29 B.?] SQL contains (null) for Command: oracle-materializedview-refresh 21:09:50 [DEBUG Thread-29 B.?] SQL: begin DBMS_MVIEW.REFRESH('SH.CAL_MONTH_SALES_MV'(null)); end; 21:09:50 [DEBUG Thread-29 L.setCurrentCatalog] Database='test10.ronald-g4' Catalog='null' Schema='null' NewCatalog='null' 21:09:50 [DEBUG Thread-29 L.execute] Executing... 21:09:50 [DEBUG Thread-29 L.prepareStatement] createStatement 21:09:50 [DEBUG Thread-29 L.prepareStatement] SQL: begin DBMS_MVIEW.REFRESH('SH.CAL_MONTH_SALES_MV'(null)); end; 21:09:50 [DEBUG Thread-29 L.prepareStatement] nativeSQL from driver: begin DBMS_MVIEW.REFRESH('SH.CAL_MONTH_SALES_MV'(null)); end; Roger, I think it has to do with the fact that I selected none of the radio buttons assuming that 'default' would already be selected and honoured. When looking at the debug window I think the default option has not been initialized. The command executes fine when I selected 'default', which should already have been initialized. R.

Roger, now that we are on the subject of mviews and the rebuild actions, why not have it rebuild in the background by submitting a dbms_scheduler job that does the rebuild, instead of in the users session. Those rebuild actions can take a while to complete. The same applies to rebuilding indexes. regards, Ronald.

Ronald, Yes I think you are right. The "Default" choice should be enabled by default and if it isn't I get the same error here. This will be fixed. Regards Roger