Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 5.1.1.7 now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, DbVisualizer 5.1.1.7 is now available in the early access web: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap Best Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.7 now available - charset trouble
Ronald, Do you have a font set in grids that is capable displaying these characters? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger,

that's quick ... as usual :-D
I never look at those things so it's all default. Does the default font show those ? (I hope they do)

regards,
R.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

BTW: the font is :Dialog-plain-14

I restarted dbvis and now got:
    "(ERNAM) GECREËERD DOOR" VARCHAR2(12),
in the result grid, which is good.
After a while the behaviour of dbvis changes. When dbvis runs for a while the quote character suddenly needs an extra hit on the spacebar before it appears. Here too: a restart solves this. The character issue costed me quite a while to correct ... It really caused me a problem (not one that could not be solved but also not one that made me happy ...)

R.

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.7 now available - horizontal slider in resultgrid
Roger,
the horizontal slider bar in the result grid is not working ok when a long column is involved.
try with:
SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('TABLE', u.table_name, u.owner)
     FROM dba_tables u;
the slider can only be positioned by dragging, not by clicking next to it or on the arrows on the sides.

R.

Hi Ronald, I assume you have set to show CLOB as Value in Tool Properties? I did the same and clicking on the arrows and next to the slider works fine. I've tried Metal and Aqua L&F running: Product: DbVisualizer Personal 5.1.1.7 Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.5.0_07-87 Java Vendor: "Apple Computer, Inc." OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: i386 OS Version: 10.4.9 Can you repeat this all the time? Regards Roger

Yes, show the clob as value indeed. Product: DbVisualizer Personal 5.1.1.7 Build: #1200 (2007/05/07 22:43) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_01-b06 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 I tried all looks and feels. (Can't remember the results on the mac :-() When I use the right arrow I get the same response as when clicking next to the slider, it jumps from the one far end to the other far end. R.

Hi Roger, just tested the slider on macosx and here it works. Product: DbVisualizer Personal 5.1.1.7 Build: #1200 (2007/05/07 22:43) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.5.0_07-87 Java Vendor: "Apple Computer, Inc." OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: ppc OS Version: 10.4.9 So, is it the java version or the os ? R.

Ronald, I can repeat this on Windows. Will be fixed in the next version. Thanks! Regards Roger

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.7 now available

roger wrote:
In the next version you may use
dbvis.prefsdir
to set an alternative location for the .dbvis directory. Setting it to"." will store property files in the same directory as DbVisualizer isinstalled in.

$DBVIS-HOME/.dbvis

Roger,

I just want to let you know I tested successfully this trick with version 5.1.1.8 and it works like a charm.

Thanks,

Bertrand

Ronald, Sorry for the late response on the font issue problem. It seem weird that the appearance of some chars change in the same DbVisualizer session. I did some Googling but unfortunately there's not much. If someone else have similar experiences then please let us know. Regards Roger