Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 5.0.0.8 is now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

A new early access version of DbVisualizer has now been published. + This is mainly a bug fix version. Detailed information and download: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap/index.html Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: DbVisualizer 5.0.0.8 is now available
Hi Ronald, I agree with you here. I have been doing some testing on the queries myself. We have some 1000-1200 users in our database and the query to filter only schema is acceptable in our case. Showing all users is not much of added value. Regards, Benny
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

[nobr] [pre] > SELECT > T.OWNER, > T.TABLE_NAME, > C.COMMENTS > > SYS.ALL_TABLES T > T OUTER JOIN > SYS.ALL_TAB_COMMENTS C > ON > ( > T.OWNER = c.OWNER > ) > AND > ( > T.TABLE_NAME = C.TABLE_NAME > WHERE > UPPER(T.TABLE_NAME) = 'B10_ND_ENBU' > AND UPPER(T.OWNER) = 'MVS_OWN' [/pre] [/nobr] At last a few seconds time .... I get a sub second reply: (0.000 seconds) OWNER TABLE_NAME COMMENTS MVS_OWN B10_ND_ENBU (null) And again tried 'get ddl' with a hang as result. This specific table has 12 columns. All other tabs seem to work as meant to be. There is one slight difference compared to running a long running query: when running a long running query the gui refreshes when I switch it to the foreground. The instance of dbvis where the 'get DDL' action is ... running (?) .. does not refresh. The references tab is very slow also but the gui is behaving normally.

I am able to reproduce this. But after a long period of time DbVis is returning with the Result (takes about one minute for a table with only two columns and a few constraints) WinXP SP2 german, JDK 1.5.0_08, Oracle JDBC 10.2.0.2 on a 9.2.0.7 Oracle Database

On macosX with 10.1.0.3 it works like a charm. Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.3.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options Oracle JDBC driver 10.2.0.1.0 tested the full scott schema. Ronald.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Ronald, Please try the following to see if the performance is better: [nobr] [pre] SELECT T.OWNER, T.TABLE_NAME, C.COMMENTS FROM SYS.ALL_TABLES T LEFT OUTER JOIN SYS.ALL_TAB_COMMENTS C ON ( T.OWNER = c.OWNER ) AND ( T.TABLE_NAME = C.TABLE_NAME ) WHERE T.TABLE_NAME = 'B10_ND_ENBU' AND T.OWNER = 'MVS_OWN' [/pre] [/nobr] Regards Roger

Roger, that individual query was sub second. I can try to create a simple table in that same 9207 database tomorrow, no problem. What I observed was a complete unresponsiveness of the gui. When switching tasks the dbvis instance that had the DDL command running in it did not even refresh it's window. The query was already very quick ... Ronald.

Maybe this is already fixed in 5.0.0.9 but in this release there is a little problem in the invalid objects tree in the schema tree for object type package body. No details are shown. For the rest it looks very good. thanks, Ronald.

When browsing in the invalid objects tree, the right hand pane titles look a bit messy when the object names are a bit longer and - for example with triggers - have their table_name written next to it. Ronald.

Ugh... a fix was supposed to go into the 5.0.0.9 but it didn't. It is fixed in the next version. Regards Roger

Ronald, Yes this is a known situation and the workaround that normally works is to resize the window (or move splitter) so that the text have enough space (not so hi-tech but it works :-) ) A minor fix is to make sure the object name is not on top of the Actions button when there is an overlap (it should be under the button). I'll look into it. Regards Roger