Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 5.0.0.8 is now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

A new early access version of DbVisualizer has now been published. + This is mainly a bug fix version. Detailed information and download: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap/index.html Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: DbVisualizer 5.0.0.8 is now available
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-1" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.G.D$3.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.A.d.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) I re-created a package specification and hit compile trigger in the schema tree for that schema. regards, Ronald.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Ronald, Does this happen all the time or sporadically? I cannot repeat this so a step-by-step guide how I can reproduce would be really nice. Regards Riger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, it does not happen all the time and I am not 100% sure what action actually is the trigger. The object - in this case a trigger - takes a while to compile. The dialogbox is still showing while the compile is running and I was not sure if I it [execute] so I hit it again. At that point the NPE popped up. It could very well be that the second click on [execute] causes the NPE. Maybe it's an idea to disable the execute button when the execute already has been clicked on and make that visible. Ronald.

Ronald, Thanks! I was able to repeat this by double clicking Execute. Will look at a fix for it. Regards Roger

DDL tab on tables is not working. I need the task manager to end the dbvis process. Reproduced when connected as dba and as sysdba. select a table from the schema tree and hit the DDL tab. Ronald.

Hi Roger, 1) when can we expect triggers as child of the table in the schema tree? 2) a while ago we discussed the possibility to have more options on output grids for selects coming from the schema tree. One very nice option would be to have a graph as output (for scheduler runtime behaviour for example). Is this already possible? The normal grid from the sqlcommander has (almost) all I want. thanks, Ronald.

Ronald, I've tried all combinations now and cannot reproduce the DDL problem. Can you please enable debug and repeat? http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/faq.html#6.11 Post or email the debug output. Regards Roger support@minq.se

Hmm. problem with this is that I have to kill dbvis. How can I have the debug info directly written to a logfile? Just did it again: connect using the default oracle profile as a dba to a 9207 database. Find a schema that has tables Find open the tables leaf select the second table hit the DDL tab and bang; no reponse at all. Cpu on database server nor the client pc is doing a lot.

Ronald, You're right. I didn't think of that... Based on that you are (still) running Mac OS X. Open Tool Properties->Debug and set Debug Output Destination to Standard Out. Then run the DDL stuff and check the Mac Console for the debug output. Regards Roger
[Attachment has been removed.]

I hope you find something usefull in here Roger. Currently I am on windoze :-( Ronald.

Hi Roger, I still think you should only show schema in the objects tree and not all users. In a little database this qry will be good enough: select username TABLE_SCHEM from ${#cp.SystemTablePrefix}_users where exists (select 'x' from sys.obj$ where user_id = owner# and type# != 5) union select 'PUBLIC' from dual In a database with thousands of users this takes 3 seconds and makes the schema browser usable. I hope it will do for most of us. The select username from dba_users takes half of the time but costs more than double the time when browsing. Ronald.

Ronald, The DDL problem: What happen if you execute the following in the SQL Commander? [nobr] [pre] SELECT T.OWNER, T.TABLE_NAME, C.COMMENTS FROM SYS.ALL_TABLES T LEFT OUTER JOIN SYS.ALL_TAB_COMMENTS C ON ( T.OWNER = c.OWNER ) AND ( T.TABLE_NAME = C.TABLE_NAME ) WHERE UPPER(T.TABLE_NAME) = 'B10_ND_ENBU' AND UPPER(T.OWNER) = 'MVS_OWN' [/pre] [/nobr] Regards Roger

Ronald, > Hi Roger, > 1) when can we expect triggers as child of the table > in the schema tree? We'll add this in the next version. > 2) a while ago we discussed the possibility to have > more options on output grids for selects coming from > the schema tree. One very nice option would be to > have a graph as output (for scheduler runtime > behaviour for example). Is this already possible? The > normal grid from the sqlcommander has (almost) all I > want. This is still on the todo. We need to re-design a bit in order to make this work generally. This re-design will most probably be part of 5.1 but I don't think the viewers will be adopted until 5.2. Regards Roger

Ronald, We need to come up with a solution for conditional SQL's in the profiles in order to have this working properly. The reason I don't want to change the SQL right away is that I am not confident everybody will appreciate this change... Preferably I would like to have another Oracle specific database property ala. the ALL/SYS table setting. Then it is up to the user deciding whether all schemas/users (as currently) should appear or only those that really have objects. I have no schedule when this will happen but it is on the todo. Regards Roger