Start a new topic

SSH features

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

This feature looks really useful, though for it to be really attractive to me it would need to support more authentication methods so I don't have to type in my password all the time. Private key authentication would be good. GSSAPI would be even better. Also I found the UI kind of confusing. I still apparently have to type in the database server as 'localhost' which I think is counter intuitive. What I'd like to see is the ability to simply specify that I'm using an SSH tunnel by checking the box and have it simply work (i.e. it assumes by default that I want to SSH from my current machine to the DB host I specify in the 'Database server' field, and then have the SSH host and port fields be optional if for the occasions I need to bounce off an alternative DMZ server for access. I don't really think I should ever have to put 'localhost' into the Database server field unless I'm actually running a DB instance on the same machine as DBVis.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: SSH features
Hi Roger - I'd just like to say thanks for this new SSH feature - it's the single biggest improvement I could think of - it saves me a huge amount of time and hassle.