Start a new topic

Video tutorial to show some features

I'm trying to figure out how to get the query builder to join on matching column names, and it doesn't do it for me.  A simple video would probably give me everything I need to figure out if it's just something I can't do, or if I'm doing it wrong.  (Sql Server if it matters)

I'm sure there are a few other more obscure things that if you know they exist and what they do would be useful, but if they are uncommon most of us would never find them because we tend to use the tools the way we know until we figure out there is a much better way.

Hi Ryan,

Did you enable the autojoin feature as described in the Users Guide section on Autojoin? If you did and it still doesn't work, I suggest you register a support request with all details (ideally including a debug log) and we'll look into it.

Video tutorials sound like an interesting idea. It is not something we've done before, but it might prove useful in some cases. I'll register this as a feature request and bring it up for discussion, thanks for suggesting this!

Regards 

Peer

1 person likes this

Yeah, I changed setting to join on matched names since we don't use keys.

I figured it out, the write up could use clarification.  It required me to select the tables in the db browser panel (the far left connection window) at the same time and drag them all at once into the query builder.

Not sure if that is expected behavior, either way I think a way to do autojoin on tables pulled into the viewer, even if it's just a choice in Join Properties would be useful.

Hi Ryan,

Good to hear you got things working. We may have to look into this behavior or at least describe it better.

Thanks for taking the time to report this!

Regards 

Peer

Login or Signup to post a comment