Start a new topic

Additional Synthetica themes?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Noting that the Synthetica theme looks very good on a MacBook Pro. Are there plans to include any of the other variations? AluOxide and BlackEye would be good options for late night, low light coding sessions!

1 person has this problem

Tobia,

A dark theme is in the works for the next feature version. See attached screenshots how it will look.

We have no date set yet for this release but expect it during the spring. You are welcome to give it a try during the BETA testing that will be announced on our web site.

Regards

Roger

2 people like this
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Additional Synthetica themes?
Hi Matt, Unfortunately no dark themes made it into 9.5. I can however promise that it is on the list for the feature version that follows. Regards Roger

1 person likes this
Hello
Any news on a dark theme?
Awesome! Looking forward to trying the beta!
Actually, if I may give an early opinion, judging by those screenshots, the background looks a bit too bright. Something a bit darker would be great.

judging by those Screenshots, I really like what I see. Can't wait to finally have a dark theme for DBVis.

Hope it will be released sooner than later. :)

Hi all, 

Just to let you know we just started the BETA testing of the upcoming 10.0 version. 

It comes with the Darcula look and feel which is great for late night work.

http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/index.jsp?showheader=false&showtoc=false&version=10.0-BETA

Regards

Roger

Matt, Synthetica offer a lot of variants and we're open for suggestions. I agree that a dark contrast theme would be nice and useful and will register your suggestion. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

After trying the Synthetica demos, the BlackEye theme may be too dark for coding, but AluOxide has a nice balanced set of tones, and looks professional as well.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thought I would bump this request one more time. Using DbVis in a late night session, and switching from a dark terminal (Solarized Dark) to bright DbVis is hard on the eyes. Wishing for Synthetica AluOxide!

I also want to bump this thread. Really wishing for Synthetica AluOxide in the next release.

Is this being considered as a feature? The current Synthetica Standard and Green Dream are very similar in overall brightness, and something softer would be a nice addition.

Matt, These are the ones available for possible future inclusion: http://www.javasoft.de/synthetica/themes/ Any specific you are interested in except for the black theme which we already have on the list? Regards Roger

Roger, By "black theme" I'm assuming you are referencing BlackEye, which would be most welcome as it would be a fully dark theme. As Steve mentioned, AluOxide would be a welcome addition as well as it looks very clean, but provides a nice middle ground for those who might want a slightly darker interface without going fully black. I'm sure there could be votes for others, but after looking through all of the demos of what Synthetica offers, adding AluOxide and BlackEye would likely cover most of what people are looking for in terms of theme options. Mike
Login or Signup to post a comment