Start a new topic

Query builder

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi, I have found the following anomalies concerning the query builder on the BETA version. Firstly, When a new table is created, write a select statement (select * from newtable) and go to query Builder. The new table is not recognised. I noticed that when you restart DBvis, it works well. (see img1.png) Secondly, when I managed to go the query builder, I have checked some fields on table and go to SQL editor, the sql is not generated correctly. Is it possible to remove the '*' when all the field are not selected or to put an alias before the '*' so that the sql is correctly generated. (see img2.png) Thanks.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Query builder
Hi, 1) In the query builder, the schema drop-down must match the schema for which the table belong to. Is the problem in your test? 2) I will register a ticket that the automatically inserted * should be removed when checking specific columns manually. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Rodger, The schema is correct on the drop down menu. It works correctly when I write the schema before my table name. Thanks. select * from db2inst1.EMPLOYEE1
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, Thanks! We will look into this. Regards Roger