Start a new topic

Additional Synthetica themes?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Noting that the Synthetica theme looks very good on a MacBook Pro. Are there plans to include any of the other variations? AluOxide and BlackEye would be good options for late night, low light coding sessions!

1 person has this problem

Hi all, 

Just to let you know we just started the BETA testing of the upcoming 10.0 version. 

It comes with the Darcula look and feel which is great for late night work.

http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/index.jsp?showheader=false&showtoc=false&version=10.0-BETA

Regards

Roger

judging by those Screenshots, I really like what I see. Can't wait to finally have a dark theme for DBVis.

Hope it will be released sooner than later. :)

Actually, if I may give an early opinion, judging by those screenshots, the background looks a bit too bright. Something a bit darker would be great.
Awesome! Looking forward to trying the beta!

Tobia,

A dark theme is in the works for the next feature version. See attached screenshots how it will look.

We have no date set yet for this release but expect it during the spring. You are welcome to give it a try during the BETA testing that will be announced on our web site.

Regards

Roger

2 people like this
Hello
Any news on a dark theme?
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Additional Synthetica themes?
Hi Matt, Unfortunately no dark themes made it into 9.5. I can however promise that it is on the list for the feature version that follows. Regards Roger

1 person likes this
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Any chance these are being considered for v9.5 ?
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger, I appreciate the clarification. Looking forward to seeing the themes. Michael

Michael, Next feature version is one of 9.3 or 10.0. We've added new resources to the team and hopefully the next feature version will be completed faster than previous versions. Regards Roger

Roger, That's good to hear! Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you, I am guessing by "next (not 9.2) feature version" you are meaning in the next release that contains enhancements as well as bug fixes (as many of your incremental updates do)? Or do you mean the next point release (9.3, 10.0, etc) with significant features? I ask simply because if it is the next point release, the point releases are regularly a year apart, so I would assume that would mean the new L&Fs would not be available until late 2015/early 2016, which would be disappointing. Of course, if you do mean that they will be in some smaller release in the couple of months or so, then that is very good news. Michael

Michael, We're planning to add new L&Fs in the next (not 9.2) feature version. Regards Roger

They have some demos you can also download and experiment with that give you a decent feel for actual use. For fun I tried manually putting some of them into the synthetica.jar file in a test install of DBVis and pointing the look and feel in the config file at it, but unfortunately it wasn't that easy. ;-) Here's hoping we'll see these make it into a release in the near future, as it would be very welcome to those of us who have been patiently waiting for these or any other dark L&F to to be supported for quite some time. While not functional requests, the options would be very helpful for those of us who either prefer darker interfaces or who must use them due to other requirements (medical/vision, environmental, etc) where darker themes can be a significant improvement.

AluOxide looks to be a nice for a mid-toned theme - not too dark, not too light - my favorite of the bunch from their screenshots.

Roger, By "black theme" I'm assuming you are referencing BlackEye, which would be most welcome as it would be a fully dark theme. As Steve mentioned, AluOxide would be a welcome addition as well as it looks very clean, but provides a nice middle ground for those who might want a slightly darker interface without going fully black. I'm sure there could be votes for others, but after looking through all of the demos of what Synthetica offers, adding AluOxide and BlackEye would likely cover most of what people are looking for in terms of theme options. Mike
Login or Signup to post a comment