Start a new topic

New Excel import (NullPointerException + feature request)

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Just to get this on the forums, on Nov 4th I had reported an issue with the new Excel import function in beta version 9.2.2320 where I was getting a NullPointerException for certain files. Ulf Weiland had responded to me and confirmed that it was caused by incorrect handling of empty rows in the spreadsheet. Based on the subject of the response email it appears that the tracking ID for this issue is #11224. I re-tested this function today using beta version 9.2.2327. I'm no longer getting a NullPointerException when I import the test spreadsheet I sent with my bug report. Feature request: could you add row numbers in the data grid that's used on both the third and fourth screens of the "Import File" wizard (ie. the ones where the top headings are "Options" and "Data Formats")? It would make it MUCH easier to set the values for the "Row of Header" and "Start Row or Data" values, and to compare against the original spreadsheet. Thanks!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: New Excel import (NullPointerException + feature request)
The import preview screen will in next Beta include the row numbers.

Steve, The just released 92.2329 beta version now show row numbers in the import window. http://www.dbvis.com/download/beta/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

> {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} > The just released 92.2329 beta version now show row numbers in the import window. Thanks Roger (and Ulf).

Steve, DbVisualizer 9.2 has just been released with row numbers being displayed in the import preview grid. http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/?version=9.2&showtoc=false Regards Roger