Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 5.0.0.8 is now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

A new early access version of DbVisualizer has now been published. + This is mainly a bug fix version. Detailed information and download: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap/index.html Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: DbVisualizer 5.0.0.8 is now available
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-1" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.G.D$3.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.H.A.d.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) I re-created a package specification and hit compile trigger in the schema tree for that schema. regards, Ronald.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Ronald, Does this happen all the time or sporadically? I cannot repeat this so a step-by-step guide how I can reproduce would be really nice. Regards Riger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, it does not happen all the time and I am not 100% sure what action actually is the trigger. The object - in this case a trigger - takes a while to compile. The dialogbox is still showing while the compile is running and I was not sure if I it [execute] so I hit it again. At that point the NPE popped up. It could very well be that the second click on [execute] causes the NPE. Maybe it's an idea to disable the execute button when the execute already has been clicked on and make that visible. Ronald.

Ronald, Thanks! I was able to repeat this by double clicking Execute. Will look at a fix for it. Regards Roger

DDL tab on tables is not working. I need the task manager to end the dbvis process. Reproduced when connected as dba and as sysdba. select a table from the schema tree and hit the DDL tab. Ronald.

Ronald, I've tried all combinations now and cannot reproduce the DDL problem. Can you please enable debug and repeat? http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/faq.html#6.11 Post or email the debug output. Regards Roger support@minq.se

Hmm. problem with this is that I have to kill dbvis. How can I have the debug info directly written to a logfile? Just did it again: connect using the default oracle profile as a dba to a 9207 database. Find a schema that has tables Find open the tables leaf select the second table hit the DDL tab and bang; no reponse at all. Cpu on database server nor the client pc is doing a lot.

I am able to reproduce this. But after a long period of time DbVis is returning with the Result (takes about one minute for a table with only two columns and a few constraints) WinXP SP2 german, JDK 1.5.0_08, Oracle JDBC 10.2.0.2 on a 9.2.0.7 Oracle Database

On macosX with 10.1.0.3 it works like a charm. Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.3.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options Oracle JDBC driver 10.2.0.1.0 tested the full scott schema. Ronald.

Hi Roger, 1) when can we expect triggers as child of the table in the schema tree? 2) a while ago we discussed the possibility to have more options on output grids for selects coming from the schema tree. One very nice option would be to have a graph as output (for scheduler runtime behaviour for example). Is this already possible? The normal grid from the sqlcommander has (almost) all I want. thanks, Ronald.

Ronald, You're right. I didn't think of that... Based on that you are (still) running Mac OS X. Open Tool Properties->Debug and set Debug Output Destination to Standard Out. Then run the DDL stuff and check the Mac Console for the debug output. Regards Roger
[Attachment has been removed.]

I hope you find something usefull in here Roger. Currently I am on windoze :-( Ronald.

Ronald, The DDL problem: What happen if you execute the following in the SQL Commander? [nobr] [pre] SELECT T.OWNER, T.TABLE_NAME, C.COMMENTS FROM SYS.ALL_TABLES T LEFT OUTER JOIN SYS.ALL_TAB_COMMENTS C ON ( T.OWNER = c.OWNER ) AND ( T.TABLE_NAME = C.TABLE_NAME ) WHERE UPPER(T.TABLE_NAME) = 'B10_ND_ENBU' AND UPPER(T.OWNER) = 'MVS_OWN' [/pre] [/nobr] Regards Roger

[nobr] [pre] > SELECT > T.OWNER, > T.TABLE_NAME, > C.COMMENTS > > SYS.ALL_TABLES T > T OUTER JOIN > SYS.ALL_TAB_COMMENTS C > ON > ( > T.OWNER = c.OWNER > ) > AND > ( > T.TABLE_NAME = C.TABLE_NAME > WHERE > UPPER(T.TABLE_NAME) = 'B10_ND_ENBU' > AND UPPER(T.OWNER) = 'MVS_OWN' [/pre] [/nobr] At last a few seconds time .... I get a sub second reply: (0.000 seconds) OWNER TABLE_NAME COMMENTS MVS_OWN B10_ND_ENBU (null) And again tried 'get ddl' with a hang as result. This specific table has 12 columns. All other tabs seem to work as meant to be. There is one slight difference compared to running a long running query: when running a long running query the gui refreshes when I switch it to the foreground. The instance of dbvis where the 'get DDL' action is ... running (?) .. does not refresh. The references tab is very slow also but the gui is behaving normally.