Start a new topic

A statement execution timer would be useful

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When running one or more statements we get the gray loading screen with the statement progress bar. What would be useful, as I usually end up running a bunch of statements at once, is for each statement to be listed, complete with it's start, end and duration times, and possibly some message relating to its success or failure. The active statement could have a counter that tracks the seconds taken so far. We could also have a stop button on the active entry that stops that statement and continues with the next. We could also have a "stop all" button on the panel, which would presumably act in the same way as the general "stop" button on the toolbar. Pressing "stop all" would end the run of statements and take us to whatever results were loaded for that editor.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: A statement execution timer would be useful
Hi Mark, Do you mean that this should be shown during execution i.e. a list of the statemens that are in the script along with exec information for those that has already been executed? [nobr] [pre] 1: select * from mytab1; Success 00:01:91 2: select * from mytab2; Error(s) 00:02:01 3: select * from mytab3; Success 00:01:91 4: select * from mytab4; Executing... (duration: 2 secs) (Cancel this) 5: select * from mytab5; [/pre] [/nobr] The first 3 statements has been executed, the fourth is currently executing with the duration being updated every second and the fifth has not yet been executed. The "Cancel this" button can be clicked to abort that statement and continue to next. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, you're a genius. That looks ideal. I guess it's a little like making the log a little more interactive. The only thing that's missing is a "cancel all". I know we could use the "stop" button, but it wouldn't hurt to have the same action available just where I'm looking when I make the decision to stop the process.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Mark, We'll revise the SQL Commander in the near future and I'll put this in the same basket, not promising anything though :-) Regards Roger