Start a new topic

Discrepancy between Object View filter and SQL Commander

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Version 8.0.12 In the object view of table1 if a use a filter of where col1 > '2012-01-01' and col2 = 'abc' results in xxx rows and in SQL Commander I use select * from table1 where col1 > '2012-01-01' and col2 = 'abc' results in yyy rows. The object view has Max Rows set to -1. The SQL Commander result is about 25 more rows than the object view. Why would the results be different? Thanks Dennis

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Discrepancy between Object View filter and SQL Commander
Dennis, There should be no difference. What database and driver are you using? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, The database is Ingres 9.2 and am using the generic driver with iijdbc. I think the issue was that there was some activity going on with the table in question, but I couldn't find definite evidence of that :-( Thanks Dennis
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Dennis, Showing the data in the Data tab and running a select in the SQL Commander use the very same logic in DbVisualizer to obtain and present the result. Based on this, your idea of another sessions modifying the actual table seem most likely. To verify what SQLs are running, enable debug of DbVisualizer in Tools->Debug Window. Regards Roger