Start a new topic

Error Schema Name in References view.

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

I encounter an naming error when SCHEMA1.TABLE1 references to SCHEMA2.TABLE2, from the References view, it should display SCHEMA1.TABLE1--->SCHEMA2.TABLE2 but the DbVisualizer 4.5 display it as [b]SCHEMA2[/b].TABLE1--->SCHEMA2.TABLE2. If the referenced table is from same schema, the References View will be fine. What the problem if the referenced table is from different schema, Reference View will always display the wrong schema name like OTHERSCHEMA.MAINTABLE--->OTHERSCHEMA.OTHERTABLE which supposely MAINSCHEMA.MAINTABLE--->OTHERSCHEMA.OTHERTABLE. I have attached a generated References table file. From the screenshot, there are 4 relationships for table XERMADM.HOST. 3 relationships are link to same schema's tables and 1 relationship is linked to different schema's table. The error here is happened in that relationship that linked to different schema's table, XERMSYS.S_COUNTRY. It displayed as XERMSYS.HOST--->XERMSYS.S_COUNTRY which should displayed as XERMADM.HOST--->XERMSYS.S_COUNTRY. Hope you guys look into this problem. Thanks. Regards, Ryan Tan

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Error Schema Name in References view.
Ryan, Cross schema/database references are currently not supported. This is on our todo list. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, I see, thanks for the reply. Look forward to this fix. thanks for this amazing database tools. Regards, Ryan
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I see a similar condition using DbVis 5.1.1.1 against SQL Server 2000. Given two tables with different owner/schemas, one schema name is incorrectly replaced with the other.

For example, if rpt.employeeDepartments -> dbo. Employees, the references diagram displays both tables with dbo: dbo.employeeDepartments -> dbo. Employees

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Ryan & Matt, This problem is fixed in the next version. Regards Roger