Start a new topic

Saving file makes it incompatible with other SQL tools!!!?!?!?!?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

When save this code with dbVisualizer 5: IF exists(select * from sysobjects where name='alex_test' AND type = 'P') begin drop procedure alex_test print 'Recompiling...' end ELSE print 'Compiling new procedure...' GO create procedure alex_test @SomeVar int AS begin print 'body' end GO GRANT EXECUTE ON alex_test TO PUBLIC GO Besides the fact that it gives me error: 09:25:27 [IF - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] [Error Code: 102, SQL State: 42000] [DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'go'. ??!?!?!?!!? When i try to open this file in Sybase SQLAdvantage, it wont run until I copy the code, PASTE it in a NotePad and PASTE it back to the SQLAdvantage...... Are there some extra characters that you're saving with the file that makes it incompatible with other SQL softwares??? Any ideas? Thanks!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Saving file makes it incompatible with other SQL tools!!!?!?!?!?
Alex, Just tried this script in DbVisualizer Personal and it works fine. [nobr] [pre]21:15:17 [IF - 0 row(s), 0.226 secs] Command processed but no rows were affected Code: 0 --- Recompiling... 21:15:17 [CREATE - 0 row(s), 0.124 secs] Command processed but no rows were affected 21:15:17 [GRANT - 0 row(s), 0.065 secs] Command processed but no rows were affected ... 3 statement(s) executed, 0 row(s) affected, database exec time 0.415 sec [0 successful, 3 warnings, 0 errors] [/pre] [/nobr] I suspect that SQLAdvantage is not capable of handling new line delimiters between OS'es. (DbVisualizer and many other tools implements various fixes to deal with new line terminators for primarly Windows, Mac OS X and Linux/UNIX). Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Please run this file, i get the following error: 14:51:27 [SP_HELP - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] [Error Code: 17461, SQL State: HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server]Object does not exist in this database. When ran in SQLAdvantage, it executes...

Alex, Remove the last "go" then it works. We'll look into this as it should work even with a single "go" last in the script. Thanks! Regards Roger

Alex, An early access version is now available that fixes the "go" problem. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap Regards Roger