Start a new topic

dbvis 5.0 gives error after opening

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I have used DB Visualizer 4.3.6 for a long time without any problems but having problems with 5.0 version. Just after DBVis 5.0 opens, it gives an error in the debug window and locks. My operating system is Windows XP and regional settings are set to Turkish. I copied the error below. I think this error is caused from character conversion from upper case to lower case. In Turkish, lower case for I is ı, not i. Error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid unit name 'fıll'. Must be one of: px, dlu, pt, mm, cm, in at com.jgoodies.forms.layout.ConstantSize$Unit.valueOf(ConstantSize.java:349) at com.jgoodies.forms.layout.ConstantSize.valueOf(ConstantSize.java:146) at com.jgoodies.forms.layout.FormSpec.decodeAtomicSize(FormSpec.java:309) at com.jgoodies.forms.layout.FormSpec.parseAndInitSize(FormSpec.java:255) at com.jgoodies.forms.layout.FormSpec.parseAndInitValues(FormSpec.java:233) at com.jgoodies.forms.layout.FormSpec.(FormSpec.java:159) at com.jgoodies.forms.layout.ColumnSpec.(ColumnSpec.java:138) at com.jgoodies.forms.layout.ColumnSpec.decodeSpecs(ColumnSpec.java:177) at com.jgoodies.forms.layout.FormLayout.(FormLayout.java:276) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.H.?(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.H.?(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.H.(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.E.?(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.E.?(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.E.(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.S.A.?(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.S.A.?(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.DbVisualizer$2.execute(Unknown Source) at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand.runExecute(ThreadCommand.java:163) at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand.run(ThreadCommand.java:143) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-1" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.onseven.dbvis.S.A.?(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.S.A.?(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.C.A.C.?(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.DbVisualizer$2.finished(Unknown Source) at se.pureit.util.ThreadCommand$2.run(ThreadCommand.java:154) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.B.A.a.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: dbvis 5.0 gives error after opening
Bilgehan, You are right. It appears it is the locale that confuses DbVisualizer. Have you altered the locale setting in the DBVIS-HOME/resources/dbvis-custom.prefs file? If you have then revert it to the default setting. If you haven't altered it then set it to: locale=en,us Let me know the result. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, i didn't change the prefs file before (i also didn't have to change in 4.3.6). After your message i removed # in the locale setting line and set it to en,us but the gave the same error. Message was edited by: Bilgehan Maras
[Attachment has been removed.]

Bilgehan, It appears you've hit a *situation* in Java that is especially for the "i" and "I" letters in combination with the Turkish regional setting. If you or someone else is interested, take a look in this article for a more in-depth explanation: http://cafe.elharo.com/java/turkish/ I have attached an updated jar file that should replace the file: [b]DBVIS-HOME/lib/forms.jar[/b] Try it out and post the result. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, i replaced forms.jar with the file you attached and the problem resolved. DBVis5 opened without any problem. Thanks for your support. Bilgehan

Bilgehan, An early access version is now available with a fix for this problem. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap Regards Roger