Start a new topic

Font anti-aliasing - Synthetica Theme - Linux

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

How do I enable font anti-aliasing while using the Synthetica Standard theme? I am running 9.03 on Ubuntu 12.04. Screenshot attached. Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.3 Build: #1916 (2013/01/26 17:47) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.7.0_07 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Linux OS Arch: amd64 OS Version: 3.2.0-36-generic

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Font anti-aliasing - Synthetica Theme - Linux
Magnus, As far as I can tell based on the screenshot the fonts are already anti-aliased. Can you please clarify if I am missing something? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Roger, You are infact correct. Apon looking closer, the text is anti-aliased. However compared to windows, it does look different. I don't know a lot about anti-alias algorithms, but as you can see from the below comparison, the windows anti aliasing apears much smoother.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Magnus, I think the difference is rather in the font on the two platforms. If you open a text editor in Linux using the same font does it then look equal to what you see in Windows? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It appears that Arial is different between systems.