Start a new topic

Scripts after re-installation

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi I had to re-install my operating system and dbvis. I am looking for the scripts I had accumulated over time. I am looking under the path where the scripts are supposed to be stored: /home//.dbvis/bookmarks in a saved version of my home directory. But I cannot see any .sql file there. Can some advanced user help ? Thanks and best Trad

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Scripts after re-installation
Hi Trad, All user settings, history of SQL scripts being executed, bookmarks and other DbVisualizer related settings are stored in your home folder and in the .dbvis folder. Did the files you refer to previously show up in the Scripts tab in DbVisualizer? If that is the case those are saved in the .dbvis/Bookmarks folder. If it is empty you will need to look for a backup copy. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Scripts after re-installation
Hi Roger, Yes, it seems there is a problem with my back-up as I have found out the files should have been where I am looking for them. The scripts did show up in the Bookmarks in the GUI. Strange thing really as I found a fairly ancient back-up and there was nothing there either. Thanks for your help anyway. Trad