Start a new topic

PostgreSQL array in DDL

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Invalid DDL is generated for tables containing PostgreSQL's ARRAY type.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: PostgreSQL array in DDL
Hi, Thanks for reporting this. I have confirmed and opened a ticket for the problem. Best Regards, Hans

Hi, This will be partly solved in the next feature release, meaning that instead of "columnName ARRAY" in the DDL you will see e.g. "columnName INTEGER[]". It does not seem possible to figure out the dimensions of the array, so even if the column was declared as "INTEGER[][]", it will still be shown as "INTEGER[]" in the DDL. Same thing restriction applies to array size declarations. According to the PostgreSQL documentation, both dimensions and sizes are ignored internally, so this is just a cosmetic issue. Another limitation is that array types cannot be declared or altered for a column via the Create Table and Alter Table dialogs. To fully support arrays in these dialogs requires changes similar to what is needed to support user-defined types, which currently has low priority. I hope getting more accurate DDL helps a bit at least. Best Regards, Hans

Hi, This is now available in the most receent Early Access version: http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/eap/ I would appreciate if you can verify that it works for you, since there has been some name changes in the PostgreSQL data dictionary tables needed to get this info between version (720.1680). Best Regards, Hans

Hi, Just to inform that this is now fixed in the latest DbVisualizer 8.0 version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, This now works perfect for me. Many thanks. Best regards, Stas