Start a new topic

Multiple tabs and cursor focus

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I frequently have multiple SQL Editor tabs open and it's great that there are nice intuitive short cut keys to move between them, however when you switch editor tabs the cursor is not placed in the editor pane. As it stands, I still have to use the mouse to put the editing cursor in a SQL Editor window once I change to it which kind of removes the benefit of being able to use the short cut keys to switch between editor tabs. Thanks for the great tool!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Multiple tabs and cursor focus
Matt, This is fixed in the next version. Thanks! Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, when switching between tabs with the *mouse*, the editor cursor focus is not set (it is only set when switching via keys with Alt-Left or Alt-Right). It would be nice if one could just resume work at the point where one left the SQL editor. Regards, Freewater

Hi, What version are you using? Cursor position and focus is preserved when leaving the editor and then going back, both using keyboard and clicking on tabs. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, I'm using 7.0. Product: DbVisualizer Personal 7.0 Build: #1482 (2010/01/17 12:38) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_17 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 Yes, cursor position is actually preserved, but not focus. After clicking on a SQL editor tab, focus is set to the "Sticky Database" control instead of the SQL editor text pane. I found out, that hitting Tab 6 times will set the desired focus, which is a little tedious. Regards, Freewater

Thanks! Now I got it. I'll file a enhancement request. Best Regards Roger Edited by: Roger Bjarevall on 2010-feb-03 00:54

Hi, Just to inform that this is now fixed in the latest DbVisualizer 8.0 version. Regards Roger