Start a new topic

Batch-Executing and Logging

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I want to use DBVisulazier in Batch-Mode (-invisible). But there are some problems: 1. If any error occured, nothing happend. I can't see the error. Even the new feature '@stop on error helps. The only thing I see, is that I can't see the log... 2. That's the next question: Is it possible to create the log before reach the '@spool'-command? When an error occured before the command, no log will be write to file. Only visible in the log-tab. But when I execute in -invisible-Mode... 3. Is it possible to write log and the result of select-statements (@export) in one file. If there where a lot of commands, it is difficult to sort log and output. 4. Is there a option to change the logging to 1) Statement and 2) Response? To read first the response and than the statement is strange. Thanks! Bernd

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Batch-Executing and Logging
Bernd, > 1. If any error occured, nothing happend. I can't see > the error. Even the new feature '@stop on error > helps. The only thing I see, is that I can't see the > log... Are you using the @spool command in the script and no @stop on error and still you're not able to see the log after execution? > 2. That's the next question: Is it possible to create > the log before reach the '@spool'-command? When an > error occured before the command, no log will be > write to file. Only visible in the log-tab. But when > I execute in -invisible-Mode... The @spool command is never reached if an error occur while having @stop on error in the script. This is a bug. > 3. Is it possible to write log and the result of > select-statements (@export) in one file. If there > where a lot of commands, it is difficult to sort log > and output. This is not possible currently. I'll file it as an improvement request. > 4. Is there a option to change the logging to 1) > Statement and 2) Response? To read first the response > and than the statement is strange. This is not possible either. I'll file it as well. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hy Roger, sorry, in the first point a forget a word: "Even the new feature '@stop on error' [b]DON'T[/b] helps". But yes, it is so. If I work in invisible-mode I start DbVis in the dos-Box and I get a prompt immediately. In the background DbVis works and stops when reaches the error. And that's all! May be the log was written - but not to the target of @spool-command. You say, it is a bug, that the @spool-command is never reached if an error occur. When the bug is fixed, I think point 1) and 2) are obsolete... Thank's for putting point 3) and 4) to improvement request list. Regards Bernd
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hy Roger, now we have DBVis 6.0.2 but the bug wasn't fixed. Can you say, when this will be done (and when will be point 3 and 4 implemented)? Regards Bernd

Bernd, We are targeting these in the next version. Regards Roger

Bernd, 1 and 2 in your list has been fixed in 6.0.7. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/download.html Best Regards Roger