Start a new topic

toggle for Show Default DB/Schema

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I think that the feature for "Show only default Database or Schema" should be an option that users can toggle outside of the "Tool Properties". It should be in the context sensitive menu (AKA right-click menu) for each database's "Schemas" branch.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: toggle for Show Default DB/Schema
Lance, Good idea! I'll add this to the feature list. Thanks! Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Happy to be of use. My t-shirt size is XL. ;)
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, an other related idea is to make the default schema adjustable so it can be any chosen schema and not only that of the user we connect with. And when refreshing the tree, does dbvis only get the objects for the chosen schema or does it get the list for the full tree ? I think it does pick the complete tree. regards, Ronald.

I'd like to second Ronald's suggestion. That would be great for those times when one needs to connect to a server with an ID for which there isn't a schema.

I'll update the original feature request with this as well. Thanks! Regards Roger

Hi Lance, The first part of this request (a new menu item in the right-click menu for Connection nodes to toggle "Show Only Default Schema") is now available in the latest EA (5.1.1.10). The other suggestions remain on the feature request list for future version. Hope you like it, Hans