Start a new topic

Reference View: Option for schema names

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I would like having an option to supress the schema-names.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Reference View: Option for schema names
Everywhere or in what specific features? Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

In the graphical reference view. With the schema names, the boxes get sometimes too large.

Peter, I'll file this request. Thanks. Roger

Peter, Just to inform you that this is fixed in the next version. A new property is used to control whether table names should be qualified or not. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, from DbVisualizer Free 6.0.8 on I observed that tables aren't qualified anymore with the schema in the references graph, but you mentioned a property related to this issue in your previous message. So far, I haven't found it and would like to ask if you could tell me where it hides because I'd like to re-enable the fully qualified tables in the references graph. Regards Michael

Michael, In the Connection Properties there is a Qualifiers category. Enable "Qualify Objects with Schema/Database" for "References/Navigator Graphs". Regards Roger
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Roger, thank you very much for your lightning-fast response! Indeed, the category "Qualifiers" within the "Connection Properties" has been my favorite for this issue, but as you can see from the attached screenshot there is just one sole checkbox "Scripting" - no "References/Navigator Graphs" or anything else. Admittedly, I'm somewhat at a loss. Is there any advice? Regards Michael

Michael, I am sorry but I was a bit too fast. The new setting seem to be available only in the DbVisualizer Personal edition, which is wrong. This will be fixed in the next version so that it will appear also in DbVisualizer Free. Sorry... Regards Roger