Start a new topic

Column detail in GML export?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I find the reference view in quite useful, but when the diagram is saved to a .GML file, only the table/entity names are written with no column level detail. Thus using the .GML files in the yEd editor is less useful. Any plans to add more detail in the GML exports?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Column detail in GML export?
Matt, This is a known issue and we will look into it. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Any feedback on this?

The GML files with yEdit would make a useful extension to DBvis, allowing the creation of simple E/R diagrams.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

(Marked unanswered - did not intend an extra post) Message was edited by: Matt

Hi Matt, Sorry for the slow response on this. This will be fixed, hopefully in the next EA release. The GML file will then include the same level of detail as you have selected in DbVis when you save the graph as GML. Regards, Hans

In 5.1.10 the GML includes columns and datatypes! Very nice!

The only further request I would make is to use the setting of "Show Link Name" in the Graph Controls. It appears in my test that FK names are exported in the GML, which clutters up the diagram. The labels can be removed manually of course, but automation is nice for us lazy types

Hi Matt, I've fixed this, but unfortunately too late to get it included in DbVis 6.0. It will be part of the next EA or bug fix release, though. Thanks for your help with testing and suggestions, Hans