Start a new topic

Auto-complete to ignore underscore characters

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

We use a liberal sprinkling of underscore characters in our database view, table and field names. Ideally, I'd like the auto-complete system to ignore underscores in the field names for the purposes of matching. Imagine I have a view with two fields, cust_acc_id and cust_num. Currently, I need to type "cust_a" for the autocomplete to recognise the right field and let me complete it. I'd like to be able to type "custa" or "custn", leaving out the underscore (because their a pain to keep typing) and for the auto-complete to recognise what I was after. It would just make it a quicker process as having to type underscores always breaks my typing flow. I guess it's just the way my brain works; I don't think in underscores. I'm sure there are a bunch of other characters that people use in field names that could be ignored.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Auto-complete to ignore underscore characters
I'd just like to apologise to grammarians everywhere for my mistyping of "their" instead of "they're". But while I'm here... Any chance this could make a release? It would make my use of DBVis easier.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Mark, I'll register this a feature request. Regards Roger Ps. Sorry for not answering earlier.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Another vote for this - it's similar to what Visual Studio 2012 has implemented where any camel or pascal cased words are are searched by their first letters, so something like product_id, productID, or ProductId can be found just by typing pi or proid.

Hi Dan, I've registered your vote for this feature and will have a look at what it takes to implement. Best Regards, Hans

Mark, This is now fixed in the just released 9.0.6 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger