Start a new topic

automatic refresh object view option

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi,
It would be good usability-wise, if after using SQL Commander and updating / inserting data, I could switch back to the Object View tab and see the result reflected (rows & fields added / deleted / changed). As it is now I have to each time press Ctrl-R to refresh.
Or is there a setting somewhere in the options to do just that?
Thanks!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: automatic refresh object view option
Jill, If you are using actions activated via the objects tree right click menu then you'll see the changes directly being reflected in the tree. The SQL Commander is used to execute arbitrary commands and it is somewhat difficult to determine what object(s) are affected and so update only that part of the tree accordingly. This is the reason we leave this to the user. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Oh, but I was talking about something much much simpler: have an option to automatically refresh after using SQL Commander (optionally you could watch if the query in SQL Commander used this table's name). This way you don't actually need to figure out the rows that were changed, just do a refresh automatically upon switching back to the Object View tab.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Jill, Yes, one option is to allow for auto refresh of the objects tree whenever a command is executed for a database connection. I'll add this to the list. The second suggestion by parsing the SQL is somewhat hazardous as this would work in some cases but not all i.e. not when executing stored procedures, etc. leading to a behavior that is not consistent. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Sounds good, thank you.