Start a new topic

dependencies among views

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Greetings,

I download the new version of DbVisualizer, it is great!

Is it possible to add the dependencies among views. It presents a very nice diagram for table relationships. It is very often with time pass, lots of views are created, it will be real helpful if you can provide view dependencies and the relationship between views and tables such as which view is based on which view/table.

Thank you!

1 person likes this idea

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: dependencies among views
Hi, I'll add your request to the RFE list. Thanks! Regards Roger

1 person likes this
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I was just wondering whether this RFE has been implemented or is there any status on this? I really like that you are using yWorks in DBVisualizer - I'm using yEd a lot and it's just great. I visualized the view dependencies on my own by extracting the dependencies (e.g. from DB2 syscat.viewdep) and transforming the output to a GML or GraphML file. It works good, but it would be great to see such a feature directly in DBVisualizer. Regards, Markus

1 person likes this
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Markus, There are no current plans for this feature in the upcoming feature version. I will add your vote for it. Regards Roger

1 person likes this